It’s OK to quit your job! (They suck anyway!)
Here’s a bit of summary:
For me, working in the corporate world was like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole…I just didn’t fit in. I absolutely hated the idea of working crazy hours every single week for the rest of my life without getting to do thing like travel, spend time with family, go to mid day yoga classes, take a month long vacation, you know all that fun stuff that I feel life is REALLY about. I wanted to quit. Do you every feel like that? Like you just want to quit your job?
I cant be the only one, right?
In this video I talk about why you’re NOT stuck in the 9-5 world. It’s not your only option ok? Quit your job, do it! You have that choice.
I know sometimes it feels like you’re stuck and there’s no way out. For a long time I felt trapped in mine and I know that feeling sucks. And I just want YOU guys to know that’s not the way it has to be! I’ve broken out of it, my clients have broken out of it, you’re not stuck, ok?! There ARE other opportunities. We’ve quit our jobs, you can quit your job too!
Here are all the reasons I think working a 9-5 job kinndaaa sucks. Basically these sum up why I give you permission to quit your job. Which one resonates most with you? Let me know in the comments.
- You have no time to do the things you really love and are passionate about or even have time to explore what those might be!
- You’re not able to be there for your kids or future family as much as you’d like
- All your time and energy goes to a company you don’t really care about and doesn’t fulfill you
- You’re stuck in a rut of financial imprisonment – your salary is determined by someone else and there’s a cap on it!
- Your health suffers – you have little time for exercise, socializing and your own self-care – and if you DO make time for these things, it’s usually at the expense of your sleep
- You’re helping someone else realize their dream without the time to work on your own
- You spend a THIRD of your life working for someone else, under a boss you might hate and coworkers you probably don’t care much about (and if you are one of the lucky ones to have a good boss and good coworkers this only makes work bearable!)
- You count down the days until Friday EVERY SINGLE WEEK.
- Weekends (TWO DAYS of the week!) end up being your favorite time but really only Saturdays because on Sunday you start to feel the dread of going back to work again.
- You’re stuck in a negativity zone where everyone around you complains about how awful their job is, how miserable they are, how they can’t wait for the weekend, how they wish the weekends lasted forever
- You just want to be able to go grocery shopping, take a workout class, go to the doctors whenever you damn well please! You’re an adult damnit, but you still have to ask permission to do anything from your boss, just like asking to go to the bathroom in elementary school!
- You cant find happiness or fulfillment in a job you hate, you just can’t
- Your inner child is screaming WTF are you doing?! This is NOT what I imagined life would be like as an adult. You always wanted to be an adult so you could do whatever you wanted!
- Working a 9-5 job you don’t like leaves you tired and frustrated at the end of the day, you just want to plop on the couch and watch netflix and fall asleep, even your favorite things to do seem impossible to do
- You’re probably sitting inside all day with no sunlight or fresh air – that’s definitely not good for your health.
- Your sense of freedom is completely lost and you feel stuck, trapped by your paycheck and bills to pay
- You’re stuck in a neverending negative cycle of work-sleep-work-sleep-work-sleep–work-sleep-weekend! The days pass slowly but the years are speeding by. You feel like you’re stuck on autopilot, and you’re not even the pilot of your own life – you can’t slow down or stop.
- You lose connection with your soul and your true self, you might even become chronically ill (happened to me!) because your body is telling you SOMETHING ISN’T RIGHT!!
Honestly, I know that if you’re chronically sick, which is what happened to me, if you’re anxious, or depressed, it’s because you’re not following your heart, you’re not in touch with your soul or your true self. You’re following the wrong path! OK?
You are hiding a part of you that wants to be set free. I promise! That’s all it is. Tune into yourself and get on the right path and all your illness, your back pain, your migraines, your stomach issues…they’ll fade away. Our bodies make us sick when we’re out of alignment thats all. It’s our bodies way of communicating with us and telling us to pay attention, STOP what you’re doing. Getting sick is a way of our soul’s way to force us to stop doing something. So just listen and take what you need to learn and you’ll feel a hell of a lot better.
If you’re feeling this way because of your job…then it’s time to make the choice to quit your job! Make a plan to get out now. Stop waiting for things to get better on their own, they wont! You need to take action.
Ok so moving on from being sick…
I know without a doubt that we weren’t put on this earth to be miserable and stuck in office buildings all day working jobs that we hate. That’s just dumb. Ok, it’s dumb.
Seriously how could we be living on this amazing magical earth with all that life has to offer and be meant to be stuck inside at a desk all day? Working for someone else? Working towards someone else’s dreams and goals?
Please… Is that really what life is about? Is that really what we were put on this earth for!? Heck nooooo! Right? I mean, Come on do you agree with that? I don’t! We’re meant to explore, have fun, grow, learn, inspire others, love, find joy, be at peace – not miserable. Lol what would be the point of that!?
I know it feels like the only way to survive is to work a regular job but its NOT! It’s SO not. It just feels that way because that’s what we’ve been conditioned to believe. That’s what our parents, teachers, peers even the media do and have told us to do. But it doesn’t HAVE to be that way.
You DO have a choice. Every day you have a choice. You can choose to quit your job! You can choose to put yourself out there and share your knowledge, experience, expertise and talents in a way that help others. And in doing so you can make a profit. Or you can choose to not choose and let others make the decision for you.
But there is a HUGE opportunity right now to align your core values of freedom and fulfillment with profitable work as an online entrepreneur. It’s greater than you may believe and it’s also less expensive than you probably. And I want to tell you that it’s not even as hard as you probably believe.
The social and technological inventions of the past 100 years have brought us to this point where entrepreneurship is safer, more accessible and more profitable than ever! It’s easier than it has ever been to make something and find people who want to buy it online!
I believe that the best way to live a life of freedom and fulfillment is through online entrepreneurship. The best way to quit the job you hate isn’t to find another one that sounds interesting, it’s to start your own business selling what you’re good at, your talents, your knowledge and experience. Not only are you in charge of your time and the way you spend your life but you don’t answer to anyone but yourself. You get to spend your time with something that fulfills you and lights you up!
THIS IS POSSIBLE FOR YOU. I’ve done it, my clients have done it. I’ve seen hundreds of other online entrepreneurs do it. There’s nothing that separates them from you except that they’ve started. They’ve taken action, that’s it!
It is totally possible to not only replace your salary with your online business but to blow it out of the water if you want. There is so much room out there for more entrepreneurs who are ready to share their unique gifts and talents with the world. If you don’t believe me, you’re operating with a scarcity mindset, believing in lack over abundance. Trust me, that never helped anyone get anywhere in life. A scarcity mindset only creates more lack and pain and suffering.
Ok, well that about sums it up! Hopefully I’ve convinced you that if you’re feeling out of place in the 9-5 world, quitting your job is an option! If you want to know more, be sure to like my page so you get updates when I go live next.