Hi guys! Today’s episode of the Punch Drunk Soul Podcast is with Jessica Dimas, a writer, blogger and mom who’s passionate about using the law of attraction and self-care in her daily life.
In our conversation we dive deep into her experience using the law of attraction to overcome a difficult situation in her life and how she’s developed it into a practice that has helped her create her ideal life and then we discuss how you can do the same in your own life! For those of you that don’t know what the law of attraction is, it’s the theory that like attracts like – essentially the idea that people and their thoughts are both made up of energy, as is everything else in the universe, and that through the process of “like energy attracting like energy” you can improve your own health, wealth and personal relationships with positive thoughts.
In this episode you’ll learn…
WOWOWOW! The first EVER episode of the Punch Drunk Soul Podcast is here guys! It’s finally here! This has been a freakin labor of love if I do say so myself. I had no idea how much really went into making a podcast. It’s not as easy as just pressing record and finding people to talk to. In fact, that was the easy part for me! But alas, it’s here now and I am SO SO excited to share it with you all! This first episode is all about exploring what it feels like to be out of alignment with your true self, learning how to find inner alignment and how to manage and overcome depression and anxiety through inner work.
In the episode, I speak with Lauren Madden, a Yoga Teacher in training and a certified Health and Wellness Life Coach living outside of Phoenix, Arizona. She works one-on-one with women to bring more alignment and happiness to their true self through balanced physical, mental, emotional and spiritual work. I feel like Lauren and I are kindred souls in that we share a lot of similarities in our paths which is what made me so excited to share her story with you guys. For example, we both took jobs in advertising after college and thought that was our dream job, only to find ourselves feeling lost, unsettled and depressed after an initial year of enjoying the job. Needless to say, it left us both super confused about what we wanted out of life! In this episode we’ll dive into how Lauren was able to get from there to where she is now.
In this episode you’ll learn…
Well, it’s official! The Punch Drunk Soul Podcast has launched! You can view and subscribe to it on iTunes right now!
To celebrate I’m giving away a TON of high vibe goodies to one lucky winner…will it be YOU? To enter, follow the instructions below and don’t forget to SHARE with friends and family because for every friend you refer, you get EIGHT additional entries!
Ultimate High Vibe Prize Pack
This prize pack is perfect for anyone looking to start a new chapter in their life, explore a new side of themselves, become more self-aware and open themselves up to fully aligning with their true self and soul. It’s basically everything you need to get started on or continue your personal growth journey to a happy and fulfilled life!
About the prizes:
- 1 year Headspace App subscription ($95 value) – Headspace is my favorite app for anyone looking to make a habit out of meditation. It’s what I personally used for about a year to help me learn and solidify my meditation practice. Now I meditate every day without fail and it has completely changed my life.
6 books (Big Magic, The Universe Has Your Back, The Power of Now, Light is the New Black, Daring Greatly, The Icarus Deception) (approx. $80 value) – These are the books that have had the biggest impact on my personal growth and spirituality journey. I’m so excited to give them all to one lucky winner!
- One $50 Lululemon gift card -My favorite brand of workout and yoga gear. Let’s face it, who couldn’t use some lulu bucks?
- Moon Juice Spirit Dust ($30 value) – One of favorite additions to my morning and evening healthy hot chocolate or tea. This adaptogenic elixir helps maintain healthy systems for superior states of clarity, relaxation and bliss.
- A Trio pack of Philosophie Superfoods’ Cacao Magic, Green Dream, and Berry Bliss Superfood and Protein Blends ($37 value) – These superfood and protein blends are the most fun new additional to my pantry. I love mixing the Cacao magic into my healthy hot chocolate to make it even healthier ;).
- One clear quartz necklace from @HumbleWarriorDesigns ($20 value) – Clear Quartz is the most versatile healing stone among all crystals. Quartz is the most powerful healing stone of the mineral kingdom, able to work on any condition. Clear Quartz is known as the stone of power and amplifies any energy or intention. It also protects against negativity, attunes to your higher self, and relieves pain. In other words it’s the perfect crystal for everyone.
- One detoxifying houseplant from @Trippin.On.Plants ($20 value) – Made with love from a good friend in Los Angeles, this little houseplant is more than just a pretty face. It also absorbs toxins in the air like formaldehyde, benzene and xylene, so you don’t have to. So nice of it, don’t you think?
- One Yoga Design Lab yoga mat ($54 value) – One of my favorite yoga mats for its beautiful design and machine washability! Luxurious and absorbent sueded microfiber (made of recycled plastic bottles!) bonded to a natural tree rubber base gives you the sweaty grip of a towel and the cushion of a yoga mat. Best used in sweaty yoga conditions or sprayed down with a little water before class.
- One “Passion” doTerra essential oil roller and one “Passion” doTerra lotion from @HappyHealthyJoe ($56 value) – Have you lost your why, your mojo, your passion? Too much of even a good thing can become predictable and boring over time. doTERRA Passion Inspiring Blend of spice and herb essential oils will help you rekindle excitement in your life. These Passion products will help ignite feelings of excitement, passion, and joy and counteract negative feelings of boredom and disinterest.
- One 50ml tin Oulis-Ointment ($27 value) – One of my new favorite beauty products! Those of you that know me know I don’t use much in terms of makeup or skincare, so when I find something I like, I sing it from the rooftops! This all purpose beauty balm can be used on anything from dry skin, eczema, cuts, burns, diaper rash, just under makeup, you name it! It’s all natural and made with a few simple ingredients including olive oil, chamomile and bees wax.
- One self-exploration journal ($15 value) – Journaling is an important part of the self-awareness and alignment process, but sometimes it’s tough to begin if you’re not much of a writer. To get you started I wanted to include this fun journal with self-reflecting prompts.
- One Major Arcana candle ($25 value) – The same candle I used to begin my new self-discovery journey just one year ago. The Fool candle, stands for new cycles, new journeys, or beginning anew. You do not need to worry, let go of fear. Stop making excuses or waiting for everything to be perfect, it is time to act. Take a leap of faith. Put your trust in the universe and know that you will be taken care of. Light the candle, anoint yourself with the included oil, meditate, repeat.
A special thank you to the brands who participated in this giveaway! Please be sure to check them out!
What are you waiting for?! Enter now!
What does it really mean to love yourself?
So I’m trying something new here…I went on a little Instagram Story adventure and decided to post it on YouTube so that I could upload it here for you guys. I love that Instagram stories are so spur of the moment and really connect you to people on a whole new level, but they do disappear after 24 hours so I thought in case you missed it – here’s my latest video all about self love and what it means to love yourself.
If you’re not following me on Instagram yet, please do! I’m planning to start doing Instagram stories pretty frequently to share things I’ve learned throughout the week. I’ll also post to YouTube so be sure to subscribe to my channel in case you miss my Instagram stories. And if you don’t feel like going to YouTube, I’ll also post them here. That’s the plan at least. 😉
So this video is about my recent revelation about self love and how I wasn’t really practicing it at all, even though I thought I kind of was. What does it really mean to love yourself? Find out what I think in the video!
You may or may not have noticed a little radio silence from me over the past 2 weeks. It’s been a rough period for me. Since October, I’ve been recovering well from my skin disorder and even though I’ve been having flare ups every couple of weeks, they’ve been minor and have gotten progressively shorter and less intense. But a little over a week ago I got hit with the worst flare I’ve had in over 6 months and it really got me down. Physically I was exhausted and found myself sleeping for 14+ hours many days and emotionally I was depressed and frustrated. I had to take a break even though it wasn’t what I wanted at the time.
As much as I wanted to spend time blogging, I just couldn’t. I didn’t have the energy or motivation to do it.
I felt like I was back at square one with not only my illness but with my emotional and mental state of being that I’ve been working so hard on improving. I was trying really hard to see the positive in my situation. I tried really hard to tell myself that this flare up was happening for a reason and that it was here to teach me something more. But damn, that was near impossible. Try as I did, I couldn’t bring myself to see or feel anything but pain, suffering, powerlessness, and yes, a bit of self-pity.
The reminder from my doctor that a full recovery usually takes 1-4 years and I was *only* 1 year into it was not encouraging. In 3 more years I would be 31! My fears about my illness came flooding back like they were excited to see me. Ugh.
“Will I ever be fully healed?”
“Will I ever feel normal again?”
“What if I never get my body back?”
“What if this interferes with starting a family?”
“What if this never fully goes away?”
I cried. A lot. I cried the whole way home from that doctor’s office. I was at a new low point for these last 6 months and all the feelings of powerlessness, overwhelm and self-pity that I felt when I was first getting sick reappeared as if they’d never left.
Forget Saying NO! Why You Should Say YES More
Happy Friday my loves!
Normally, I write pretty extensive posts because I like to provide you with as much value as possible. But today I’m going to keep it short and sweet.
Everyone is obsessed with saying NO more right now. It’s sort of like a trending self-love buzz word. The concept behind it is simple: say no to the things that you don’t want to do. Some people, like Jess McCallum, over at Confident Life, have even started keeping an “Absolute NO List” which I actually quite like because it really helps you figure out the things you don’t want to do in advance – so before you’re even presented with a situation where you’d have to say no or yes, you already have your answer, no going back!
But as important as saying NO might be, I think it’s just as important to for us to start saying “YES” more. And I don’t mean being the “Yes, man” who says yes to everything because he’s afraid of having regrets and not living enough. I’m talking about saying YES more to YOU. Give yourself permission to do things that you might be iffy about. Give yourself permission to spend money on yourself without feeling guilty. Give yourself permission to be selfish. Say YES more to yourself because you deserve it.
What’s Blocking Your Happiness: Self-Confidence
Well hello, friends! Happy belated Valentines day! I hope you all were able to spend it with your loved ones (that includes yourselves!). Matt and I enjoyed a nice quiet evening with Matt’s brother and sister-in-law, as well as his dad who’s in town on work. It was really nice not having to sit in an overcrowded restaurant (you know how they always squeeze in extra tables on Valentine’s Day!?) and shout over an overpriced meal…but no matter how you spent it, I hope that you thoroughly enjoyed it!
So today I want to continue discussing the factors that limit our happiness. Last week I tackled the issue of self-awareness, which is, in my opinion, probably the most important but the least talked about factor that affects our happiness. So if you haven’t read that post yet, I highly recommend you do so! This week I want to dive into self-confidence because it’s something most women struggle with and it’s probably one of the most common factors in limiting happiness. So take a seat, kick your feet up, pour yourself a big cup of tea and let’s get into it!
Self-Confidence…What exactly does it mean?
Self-confidence, put quite simply, is “a feeling of trust in one’s abilities, qualities, and judgment,” according to the Oxford dictionary. I think there’s often confusion between self-confidence, self-esteem, and general confidence. I’ll try to clearly distinguish them. Self-esteem is more of a feeling of your own self-worth and self-respect. I almost liken it to how much you love and appreciate yourself. General confidence is when you trust in your abilities in a specific thing, like your confidence in break dancing for example (that would be a 0 for me). However, being a pretty self-confident person, I trust that if I wanted to get good at break dancing, I could – with patience, practice and a lot of falling flat on my face. Self-confidence to me is an overall good feeling about yourself and your abilities to accomplish your goals, that makes you happier and more successful.
What’s Blocking Your Happiness: Self-Awareness
Happy February, everyone! I love this month, it’s always so full of luuurvvv (sorry, love, I just like to say it weirdly sometimes). I always say that Valentine’s Day shouldn’t be a day because we should be spreading the love around every day, but I guess it is nice to make one day extra special. Just be sure to keep on lovin’ the rest of the year too, especially yourself! 😉 Ok, so self-awareness, let’s talk about it and how a lack of it will majorly block your happiness, yo (and I def don’t want that for you!).
I’ve been wanting to do a series of blog posts on what I feel are the most common factors that limit our happiness and hold us back from living our best life because if we can pinpoint what it is that’s holding us back, we can take the necessary steps to change it. What limits our happiness is different from person to person, however, there are definitely a few themes that we all seem to struggle with and I want to talk about them so we can kick those things to the curb. First up, is self-awareness.