This week on the podcast I’m speaking with Lena Elkins, a Millennial business and marketing coach who works with ambitious Millennials from around the world on escaping the 9 to 5 and launching their own online freelance businesses. This episode is all about finding the confidence to trust yourself, learning how to put yourself first, and figuring out how to get more in touch with your true self.
Yes, Lena is a business coach and maybe starting your own business interests you, but maybe it doesn’t. Either way, what I really wanted to get out of this conversation with Lena was to understand how she was able to leave her corporate job at such a young age, despite her family and friends all thinking it was a bad idea. Where did that confidence come from? She seemed to have figured out who she was and what she wanted to do at such a young age and I wanted to know what it was that made her able to trust herself so much and go out on her own. I wanted to know what she does in her everyday life that might be different than the rest of us who are still trying to figure out who we are. Make sure you stay tuned till the end as Lena will be divulging her secrets, including one she’s never talked openly about before!
In this episode you’ll learn…
- How to look for signs of what you’re meant to be doing with your life
- How to think about fear in a way that helps you overcome or work with it as opposed to be crippled by it
- Why done is better than perfect
- Where you can find the confidence trust yourself and do anything you want
- Lena’s detailed routines for her own self alignment
- That there are unlimited resources and money available and what we need to do to access them
- That stability is a word rooted in fear and that we all need to figure out what we really need, beyond any safety net of stability, to be truly happy
- How to find support in our relationships and communities
- Lena’s top 3 tips for a happy life