WOWOWOW! The first EVER episode of the Punch Drunk Soul Podcast is here guys! It’s finally here! This has been a freakin labor of love if I do say so myself. I had no idea how much really went into making a podcast. It’s not as easy as just pressing record and finding people to talk to. In fact, that was the easy part for me! But alas, it’s here now and I am SO SO excited to share it with you all! This first episode is all about exploring what it feels like to be out of alignment with your true self, learning how to find inner alignment and how to manage and overcome depression and anxiety through inner work.
In the episode, I speak with Lauren Madden, a Yoga Teacher in training and a certified Health and Wellness Life Coach living outside of Phoenix, Arizona. She works one-on-one with women to bring more alignment and happiness to their true self through balanced physical, mental, emotional and spiritual work. I feel like Lauren and I are kindred souls in that we share a lot of similarities in our paths which is what made me so excited to share her story with you guys. For example, we both took jobs in advertising after college and thought that was our dream job, only to find ourselves feeling lost, unsettled and depressed after an initial year of enjoying the job. Needless to say, it left us both super confused about what we wanted out of life! In this episode we’ll dive into how Lauren was able to get from there to where she is now.
In this episode you’ll learn…
- Thoughts are extremely powerful. They control our moods and emotions so we must be aware of what we’re thinking always. We are often thinking things without even realizing it so we need to stop and become aware of the conscious and unconscious thoughts we have in order to control our anxiety, depression, moods, etc.
- Why you should treat yourself as you would your best friend, with compassion.
- The solution to emotional issues like anxiety and depression is often found in creating an external reality that mirrors back your inner true self. But you have to know who your true self is before you can do that.
- Ways to define your inner self/true self, how to figure out what that means, and getting in touch with it
- Lauren’s top tools and tips for getting in touch with and staying aligned with your true self
- The importance of choosing love over fear in every moment and learning how to let go of past experiences so that they don’t define you
- How to become aware of the beliefs and identities that we form to protect ourselves over the course of our lifetime and choose whether or not they still serve us. Are they something you want to bring into your future?
- Why it’s important to appreciate your issues, problems, afflictions as learning experiences, serving you in some way. Don’t hate, appreciate.
- You are right where you’re suppose to be. It’s ok if you don’t know what you’re doing and you don’t have your dream job. It’s ok to not be where you want to be yet.
- Techniques and mindset shifts to help you when you’re feeling down or out of alignment