In this episode of the podcast, I’m speaking with Coley Lane, the founder and editor of lifegoalsmag.com, an online magazine for becoming your best self. It’s a wonderful resource for anyone interested in personal growth and self-exploration. There’s a lot of great content on it, I even contributed an article myself about what you should be doing instead of soul searching. In this episode we cover a ton of ground in the world of personal growth, from how to find your passions, exploring your life’s purpose, to meditation, to self-awareness, to our personal habits and routines that we use to stay aligned with and be our best selves.
I was excited to talk to Coley because having founded an online magazine all about personal growth I knew she would have some interesting insights into what we could all be doing to be happier versions of ourselves. I also have gotten to know her personally outside of the podcast and I knew that her own journey of sort of growing up without any passions or direction might resonate with a lot of you, I know it did with me.
In this episode you’ll learn…
- A mindset shift to help you build better habits and be more appreciative
- That a clear vision of what you want gives you motivation and drive and makes all your work easier
- There isn’t just one life purpose you need to be searching for
- How to find your passions, including tips and habits
- Why it’s important not to be set on specific future outcomes and to be open to different possibilities
- How surrendering control and having faith play a part in your happiness
- How to use journaling to learn more about yourself and improve your relationships
- Why it’s important to give yourself time to stop and feel your emotions and be aware of your thoughts
- Coley’s habits to stay aligned with herself and her passions
- How to use gratitude to experience greater joy in your life
- Coley’s top resources for self-improvement and alignment
- Our love for the Lively Show podcast!
- Coley’s 3 tips for a happy, purpose-filled life
5 Minute Journal
Byron Katie “Loving What Is”
The purposeful home podcast
Jess Lively’s The Lively Show
The time to rest is when you think you don’t have time blog post
@lifegoalsmag on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook
Coley’s Twitter – @Coley_LN